Thursday, January 29, 2004

It's the Little Things That Bug You Sometimes...

This morning, as every morning, I reached Neil Avenue on my way to work (after getting off the bus, so I was walking). And, this morning, as every morning, I sat and watched in silent amusement and partial annoyance at the idiot college student who stood watching both ways in rapt attention to cross the street against the light. And of course, when the light did change, he wasn't paying attention to it so I walked right past him into the crosswalk.

Even better, yesterday I watched a kid try to cross against the light, forcing the oncoming car to slow down. Then they did that little dance where one starts to go just as the other starts to go, etc. All this while the walk light was on "Don't Walk." Finally, he just went. And about 2 seconds later the light turned to "Walk."

Folks... what the HELL is so hard about waiting 30 seconds to cross with the light?

Banners

morningcoach.com