Friday, November 09, 2007

Twellman Goal Brings Back Memories

I just watched the Taylor Twellman goal that put the Revolution into MLS Cup and let's just say it brought back some memories... of getting a free kick called against me!

First, watch the goal. It's fantastic. You may have to search around a bit on MLS's site for the video, depending on when you read this post, right now it's on the front page.

Now, my story. When I was playing rec ball, I was in a similar situation where I took a bike to keep a ball in bounds, and there was a player as close to me as both of those Fire players were to Twellman. I nailed the ball with the bike, got it to one of our players, and then had a penalty called against me for dangerous kick, as my foot came too close to the opposing player's head. Sigh...

Of course, MLS refs are too chicken shit to call that sort of thing on such a fantastic goal. Still, it was a great shot! Congrats Revs, on beating the hated Chicago Fire.

No comments:

Banners

morningcoach.com