Monday, March 15, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES...

You'd never think that four words could have so huge an impact on your life as to change your outlook completely, but they can.

"We're having a baby."

My wife Jennifer hadn't been feeling particularly well the past couple weeks, and after a friend of ours reported that she was pregnant, that started Jenn thinking. So... she stopped at the drug store, picked up a little test, and BINGO - our lives are changed forever.

Obviously, we've done the doctor thing at this point so we know it's for sure, but I'm still reeling from the news that I'm going to be a dad. It's been fun telling folks, but at the same time it's very intimidating to realize that this time next year I'm going to be helping to take care of a new life, a life that's going to be relying on me for pretty much everything.

Tends to sober you up quite a bit, eh?

Banners

morningcoach.com