Friday, October 15, 2004

Lessons Learned: Trust The Animals

Last night, as I was going to bed, our dog Brandy was barking at something outside. Normally, when she's doing this, she saw a squirrel or something like that, and wants to chase it down. So we tell her to be quiet and then shut the window or whatever.

Well, Jenn went out to her car this morning and it had been broken into. She lost about 100 CDs, including one that had been made at our wedding. She also lost all her change and her cell phone.

As the title said: Lesson learned. I will now go out and check whenever that dog gets a burr in her ass. And I'm going to bring at least my waster with me. Anyone who breaks into my house or car is going to get a freaking beating at the very least.

I am so furious right now... we have a kid coming into this world and to think that the house and neighborhood we chose isn't safe makes me absolutely crazy. And if we had just paid attention to what our dog, who is a watchdog by nature, was trying to tell us, then we wouldn't be out all that stuff and my piece of mind would be secure.

Brandy, we owe you an apology. Next time we let you go to kick the ass of whoever is out there. And then I go out there with something to continue the job and make sure they freaking pay.

1 comment:

WolfPack said...

So true- I really should have known when Guinness joined in. Next time I'm just opening the door and letting Brandy go after them. At least they were "considerate" enough to shut the doors and not let it rain inside the car.
Next time - Brandy, I promise you'll get to sink your teeth into them!!!

Banners

morningcoach.com