Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Clavijo-Haters Club Growing?

Interesting comments by Ritchie Kotschau regarding Fernando Clavijo. This is now the second time that I've heard of a player mentioning Clavijo by name as a reason they're glad to be leaving their old team.

The first was Brian Dunseth, now of Real Salt Lake but a former Crew defender. I was talking to him during the pre-season media luncheon back when I used to work on the Crew's website (before the corporate hacks decided that they'd rather have a bland, stale, letter-of-the-law website instead of one with panache and good writing). I was relaying a moment when I mentioned that I'd flipped off an MLS coach to his face once (the late Tom Fitzgerald, after he laughed at me for the dorkiness I portrayed to the cameraman for Crew Stadium's big screen as I beat on my drum and screamed as a former North Ender). Dunseth, who I didn't know at the time, was standing a couple folks behind me in the buffet line and commented "I can think of a couple of coaches I'd like to do that to... " and then sort of drew out the name "Fer-nan-dooo... Cla-vi-joooo."

Makes me wonder what it is that Clavijo does to piss off defenders.

No comments:

Banners

morningcoach.com