Tuesday, September 04, 2007

John Edwards Starting To Set Himself Apart From Merlot Democrats

John Edwards is starting to show himself as the populist candidate he's claimed to be all along, after a speech in Hanover, New Hampshire where he called for an end to the corporate lobbying culture of America. Full text here of the speech is here.

I have to admit, I'd sort of bought the lines about Edwards being something of a vapid individual until now... but he's saying all the things I've been saying for years... and he's a presidential candidate with some pull. Perhaps not as much as Clinton or Obama, but he's been a VP candidate, he's getting money from donors, and he's in a position to make real waves.

I'm not saying I'm going to start pounding the Edwards drum, but I'm going to start paying serious attention to the beat.

2 comments:

WolfPack said...

Having read some of court statements as an attorney - I still wonder if a Zebra can change his stripes... He can be class condescending and he may not say racists comments, but sometimes his silence rings loud

Jamie said...

Please share the locations of some of these comments... I've been looking around trying to find anything and haven't been successful. Not saying that they don't exist, I'm just having trouble getting past all the Google results about Ann Coulter's comments about Edwards and blogs calling HER racist.

Banners

morningcoach.com