Wednesday, July 07, 2004

"I Get a Kick Out of You!"

Okay, as my wife just pointed out to me, I have failed to note that I had a very significant event in my life take place just a couple nights ago...

I actually felt my child KICK for the first time.

Jennifer has actually been feeling this for some time, now, but this was a first for me. According to her, the kid is ready to start youth soccer now. And I'd been trying to feel it myself for a while... including telling Jenn to wake me up if it got to be strong enough that I could feel it during the night. This is apparently akin to trying to make a Greek hero after a long lingering gaze at Medusa. It ain't gonna happen.

So for me to finally feel it was pretty special. I feel sort of detached from the whole process, being the man and not having anything inside me other than the carrots and celery I'm currently munching on. But such is the role of the expectant father, so I'll continue to watch and wait, and naturally help as much as I can, until the day that I can hold the kid in my arms, watch it spit on my shirt, and then hand the tyke back to Jenn while I run out to the kitchen to clean myself up. :)

No comments:

Banners

morningcoach.com