Monday, June 20, 2005

Father's Day

I celebrated my first Fathers' Day this past weekend, and while it wasn't odd for me or any such thing, the hardest thing for me to get used to was just sitting and thinking "Fathers' Day.... wait, that's me now!"

Duncan has just become such a wonderful part of my life that I can't imagine being without him. My morning ritual is generally wake up, work out, take the dog for a walk (his name is Guinness), and then come home to help Jenn get Duncan ready for the day, whether he is headed to day care or whether he's staying home on her days off.

And I swear, every day I come home from walking Guinness, I hear Duncan babbling at Jenn while he gets dressed and has his diaper changed, and it always brings a smile to my face.

I have a great picture of him that Jenn got done secretly for a Father's Day gift - just a picture of him sitting and waving at the camera with a big smile on his face, but I think it may be one of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten. Because now, when I'm sitting in the office and the office life is getting to me too much, I can just take a look at my little guy and it all makes sense again.

And today, when I was dropping him off at his day care center (the Wee Care Children's Center in Columbus - EXCELLENT facility for anyone looking), I waved goodbye to him and he lifted his hand and opened and closed it a couple times, just like we've been doing with him at home. Priceless moment, let me tell you! I can't WAIT to go pick him up today.

So, a belated happy Fathers' Day to everyone and I hope that your experiences are similar to mine.

No comments:

Banners

morningcoach.com