Thursday, June 09, 2005

Meetings and Aftermaths

I'm a firm believer in the idea that if you don't have anything to talk about, or if it's not going to be useful, you don't have a meeting - even if it's scheduled.

Yesterday, we had our semi-monthly database meeting. And usually at this meeting we get a lot done because I try to keep things moving. I displayed some changes to a screen to which they'd requested updates, and it was decided that all was well and we'd put that screen into production.

So today, I put the screen into production, and my user comes back to me and asks where these other fields (that they REQUESTED I remove) are. I told her that no one asked for them at the meeting and she came up with a response designed to make me look stupid - typical "how do I do my job without them?"

Well, I'm sorry, but if you don't bring it up at the meeting where we all sat for an hour and went over the changes that were made, how the hell am I supposed to know that there's an issue? Don't treat me like I'm an idiot because YOU don't know what you want on a screen.

You know, I think this is the first time I've bitched about work on here. Hmm.

No comments:

Banners

morningcoach.com