Thursday, August 18, 2005

Appalachian Trail

Along with working today (and I actually got a lot done, despite what I'm about to tell you), I read the trail journal of a fellow kilt-wearer who did the Appalachian Trail kilted. All it did was make me want to do it myself even MORE. The trail, that is. Kilted or not, I want to try it... kilted would just be that much better.

I read the first part of Bill Bryson's A Walk In the Woods and that started me thinking about it. I haven't ever sat down and thought about how much it would cost, etc. I should. But I'd want to do it with Jenn and Duncan... how would I do that? I'll have to wait a number of years, probably - until Duncan's a bit older and we can re-finance the old mortgage and put some money away to take care of this plan. Until then we can hike around Ohio and into Michigan, hopefully. Do some real backpacking and such.

Well, if nothing else, it's a dream to hold on to. Maybe a retirement thing to plan for, if I'm ever able to actually retire given the economy and the ability of companies to get away with murder by mistreating their long-term employees.

No comments:

Banners

morningcoach.com