Thursday, August 04, 2005

Time Travel Questionnaire

My friend Dale Price showed this "time travel questionnaire" today on his blog, and being a person who enjoys a little look back at life on occasion, I decided to run with it.

The question: what were you doing 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 1 year ago, and yesterday?

Ten Years Ago: I was living in Lansing, Michigan, and I worked at Professional/Technical Development there, and my client was the Child Support Enforcement System. I was implementing their computer system all over the State of Michigan. I was extraordinarily happy to be out of my parents' house and working at a place that made pretty good money. I was moving up the ranks at work nicely and felt that computer implementation was a good fit for my skill set.

Five Years Ago: Living in Columbus and working at Information Control Corporation as a consultant, and I BELIEVE my client at the time was American Dairy Brands. Glad to be done with them - the less said about that the better. I had moved from up near Shrock Road to my new apartment near Easton Town Center and was enjoying the location thoroughly. Wasn't dating anyone at the time. I was on a rec soccer team with some good friends and life was pretty good.

One Year Ago: Oh, how things change: my wife Jennifer was pregnant with our first child and I was working at Ohio State University's Comprehensive Cancer Center full time. We'd moved from the apartment near Easton to our rental house in Clintonville, which we enjoyed a lot. Jenn was luckily past her awful morning sickness phase of her pregnancy and we were seriously in "getting ready for the baby" mode.

Yesterday: I was home with my son Duncan, who was running a fever and (as we found out later in the day) has an ear infection. I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather be than home with my family, either. I'm still at OSU, happily married, and life is great in our new house and fantastic life.

Dale - thanks for posting yours! This was a fun look back. It's amazing how to look at the massive changes one's life can take can put you in a different frame of mind.

No comments:

Banners

morningcoach.com