Monday, January 01, 2007

The Hate-Roll

Some people have a blogroll, I have a hate-roll. Consider it my list of pet peeves, I guess. An ongoing project of mine, it's therapeutic.

Sports:

  1. People who refer to MLS as "The MLS." The league's name is Major League Soccer. We don't call baseball "The MLB," do we? Pay attention to what you're saying.

  2. Members of the sports media who can't see through their personal likes and dislikes well enough to deliver an unbiased report. I'm talking to you guys, Mark May and Frank Deford.
Language:
  1. The omitting of the words "to be" from sentences. Example: "My broken watch needs fixed."

  2. Mis-spellings on publicly-viewable items. Example: A high school message board that says "Congradulations Football Team!" or something like that.

1 comment:

Rob said...

But we all love the MLS! What's the problem?

Banners

morningcoach.com