Monday, January 29, 2007

Ice Bike!

Well, today was the coldest yet - a compression-shorts-loosening 6° wind chill factor. Add to that the fact that the wind was probably worse for a cyclist due to the increased wind factor from just riding a bike.... and I'm surprised I didn't lose parts. MY parts, not the bike.

But the funny thing is, it wasn't really that bad to ride in. I had the same stuff I always wear:

  • my work socks
  • hiking boots
  • polypropylene long underwear
  • bike tights
  • long sleeved t-shirt
  • fleece jacket
  • windbreaker
  • balaclava
  • helmet
  • 180s earmuffs
  • bike gloves.
And it was fine. Sure, it was a tad chilly, but the glasses once again made the problem of too much tearing up go away, and just being out and getting some exercise made me warm. I wasn't exactly sweating when I got TO work, but I wasn't uncomfortable.

Layers, layers, layers. Not just for tortes any more.

2 comments:

WolfPack said...

Layers... Ogres, onions, Parfaits!!!

Jamie said...

I wonder if this joke got old to archaeologists really fast...

Banners

morningcoach.com